CMVH is supported by a Board whose members are nominated by the consortia and the Departments of Defence and Veterans' Affairs.
The Board meets quarterly and is responsible for:
- acting as the principal forum for monitoring the activities of CMVH,
- providing guidance on the strategic direction for CMVH,
- monitoring the adherence to best practice in ethical, scientific and financial activity,
- receiving and considering the reports provided in accordance with the contract, and
- providing recommendations but not directions on the operation of CMVH.
The current Chair of the Board is Emeritus Professor David Siddle. The current Board members are:
- Prof Justin Beilby (University of Adelaide)
- Mr Sean Farrelly (DVA)
- Prof Nick Fisk (University of Queensland)
- BRIG Steve Quinn (Defence)
- Prof Rose McEldowney (Charles Darwin University)
- MAJGEN Maurie McNarn (University of Queensland)
- Mr Paul Russell (University of Queensland)
- RADM Robyn Walker (Defence)