Other Professional Development Opportunities
Ausmed Education provides a diverse choice of education for all nurses, midwives and allied health professionals. Ausmed is well known for it's highly evaluated seminars and conferences held across Australia each year. As well, Ausmed offers online educational opportunities to it's members, including access to The Learning Centre and an Online Resource Library. Visit www.ausmed.com.au to learn more.
The University of Queensland School of Nursing and Midwifery offer postgraduate study options for nurses and midwives.
The bulk of the programs are offered on line. Undertaking postgraduate study will earn you CPD points for registration (nurses and midwives)
- Master of Nursing a great way to specialise your nursing practice with six fields of study to choose from –
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing
- Master of Nurse Practitioner Studies
- Master of Nursing Studies (Graduate Entry)fantastic program if you already have a degree and are thinking of nursing –
- Master of Mental Health Nursing
- Graduate Certificate in Midwifery – this is ideal if you have midwifery experience and would like formal qualifications
- Master of Midwifery
If you would like to talk about your postgraduate study options, please contact the School and we’d be happy to take the time to go through your options with you.
Enrolments are now open for Semester 1, 2013.
We hope to hear from you soon.
The University of Queensland School of Nursing and Midwifery is currently offering Continuing Professional Development courses for nurses and midwives.
The courses are fun, educational and cover areas relevant to current nursing and midwifery practice. Some of the courses for 2013 include:
By successfully completing one or more of the above courses, you are well on your way to earning your CPD hours required for registration!
CPD courses can earn you as little as 3 or as much as 20 CPD hours toward your CPD requirements.
*Remember that group bookings of five or more may be eligible for a discount – so why not organise a group of work colleagues and do a course together?